As of November 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am
- 0 – active cases
- N/A – students who have been cleared and returned to school
- 10 – total cases
- 21 Students
- 3 Staff Members
- 12 Students
- 2 Staff Members
Isolation – the patient in isolation has tested positive for COVID-19
Quarantine – The patient has come in close contact with a positive patient.
Probable Positive – The patient has not received a Covid-19 test or has not tested positive yet. The patient lives with or spends a considerable amount of time in close contact with a positive case.
What happens when there is a positive at BCS?
- Mr. Sievers will receive a call from the Ottawa County Department of Public Health officials or the family regarding the positive patient.
- Mr. Sievers will work with the OCDPH in contacting all close contacts.
- All parents of a close contact at Borculo Christian School will receive a phone call from Mr. Sievers regarding the close contact.
- Mr. Sievers will notify the teacher and remove all students who are close contacts.
- Mr. Sievers will notify the community that there has been a positive case at Borculo Christian School.
- The COVID-19 web page will be updated.
- No BCS staff member will discuss the name of the positive case.
- Students who are in quarantine or isolation will receive continued instruction from their teachers remotely.
- This will be in a variety of formats- Zoom, video lessons, and papers. Each case will be different.
- Teachers will work with families on a system that is best for their situation as all are unique.
- OCPHD will have forms for all patients in isolation and quarantine regarding protocol and when they may return to school.